Thursday, November 16, 2017

THE MEGAPHONE


In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, we read: “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”


“How do you give thanks when you’re not thankful?” Timmy's chin quivered. “I don’t feel happy, Grandfather.”

“I know. I’m guilty of the very thing myself.” Timmy’s head snapped up, his eyes wide.

“You are?”

“Many times. Giving thanks is a choice.” Grandfather tilted his head. “Have you noticed that the Scripture doesn’t read, “Give thanks when you feel like it. It reads, “In everything give thanks.”

“But Grandfather, when I’m hurting, I’m not thankful.” Grandfather smiled.

“Remember several years ago, you were learning to ride your bicycle?”

“I had a hard time at first, but once I learned, I did okay.”

“Do you ever fall off your bike now?”

“Grandfather, you know I hurt my ankle practicing for the race. Now I’m sitting here with my foot propped on the stool.” He dipped his head. “And I can’t be in the race today.”

“How if we go to the race? We’ll fix a place in the back of my truck so you can see the races.” Grandfather opened the hall closet, pulled out a box. “This should do the trick.”

“Your megaphone? I can use your megaphone? All right?” He pumped his fist in the air.

“What’s different?” Grandfather cocked his head.

He held up the megaphone. "This will make me a part of the team.” He looked at Grandfather. “You knew that. You took something hurtful and made it exciting.”

Grandfather sat on the stool by Timmy’s foot. “That’s the way of our Lord, Timmy. When we give Him the hurtful things in our life, with His love, the results are for His Glory and our good.”

Kingdom Thinking. When I give thanks for all things in my life, the Lord Jesus brings good. Therefore I rejoice for this is His will for me. He promises never to leave nor forsake me and loves me with an everlasting love. He promises the same to you. Won’t you come?





No comments:

Post a Comment