Thursday, November 23, 2017

CHOOSE THANKS



In 2 Thessalonians 5:16-18, we read: “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

“But you don’t understand. I need to see if there is anything else I can do to help with my husband’s dementia.”

The receptionist stood, arms crossed, leaning against the counter.

Pain interrupted my thankful circuit. Mental anguish and doubt. Head down, shoulders slumped, I hurried back to the car. The receptionist wouldn't allow me to keep the appointment with the doctor concerning my husband. Not without his being present.

With head in my hands, I gave way to the flood of emotions that had been held at bay.

“Tap, tap.”

My head snapped up. A little lady stood there. I rolled down the window. She touched my shoulder.

“I saw you leave the office. Knew you were upset. Is there anything I can do to help?”

Man, would these tears ever slow down? She handed me a tissue. “Thank you,” I hiccuped. Peeking through my veil of tears, I saw wet tracks streaking her cheeks.

“Can I pray with you?” At my nod, she prayed. For love, for support, for my well being, but especially the assurance that the Lord Jesus knows and has a plan.

My husband is home with the Lord Jesus now, but I’ll never forget that lady. I give thanks to the Lord for having her in that place at the time I needed someone.

Kingdom Thinking. I give thanks to the Lord Jesus, not because I feel like it, but because of who He is. He loves me with an everlasting love and promises never to leave nor forsake me. I don’t know what you’re going through today, but He does. He offers the same promises to you. Won’t you choose Him?




No comments:

Post a Comment