Thursday, November 9, 2017

FULFILLED


In Genesis 50:19-20, we read: “Joseph said to them, ‘Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.’”

“I don’t think it was fair.” Timmy sat at he table, his chin propped on his hand. “Joseph could have thrown the whole bunch in prison.”

“Could have,” Grandfather agreed. “But remember, Joseph had the dreams. He knew they came from the Lord and  trusted Him to fulfill them. He knew God had a plan.”

“Plan?”

“Yes. The Lord always has a plan. His plan is for His Glory and my good. He wants me to trust Him. My problem is I want to help the Lord out.”

“Like the watermelon patch, Grandfather? I’m so sorry.” Grandfather chuckled.

“Yep. Good example. I was puzzled to see the melons dying on the vine. When I checked them a couple of days before, they’d looked fine. I found the answer when I turned them over.”

“I thought I would help you. I cut out a plug. Not ripe. I stuck it back in so it could keep on growing. I got tired after a while so I quit.”

“I’m glad. At least we’ll have a few melons to enjoy. The melons take time to ripen. Have to have good conditions.” He cocked his head. "Think about Joseph. God gave him a dream many years before. Now he was second in command to Pharaoh. God put him in a place at the right time so he could help save God’s people.”

“Grandfather, I know Joseph saw at the end of the story God had a plan. What about the times he was  sold by his brothers? Or thrown in prison for something he didn’t do? That’s hard to trust then.”

“You’re right. It is hard to trust when things go wrong. I must choose to trust God when things don’t make sense. I know He has a plan, for you and for me. He loves you, son.” Timmy hugged his Grandfather.

Kingdom Thinking. I choose to trust God. A conscious effort on my part because He promises to love me with an everlasting love and never leave nor forsake me. He offers the same to you. Won’t you come?









  

No comments:

Post a Comment