Thursday, April 20, 2023

A NEW DAY—A PRESENT!

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion,' says my soul. 'Therefore I hope in Him!’" Lamentations 3:22-24. (NKJV).



A NEW DAY
“You refused a gift from Mrs. Smith? Why?” Grandfather tilted his head.

“She doesn’t have much money.” Timmy chewed on his bottom lip. “Did I do wrong?”

“Have a seat, son.” Grandfather faced him. “Remember how you felt when you made your first cake?” Timmy grinned.

“I thought you’d done a great job until you jerked the cake pan out of the oven and added the sugar.” Grandfather’s laugh started deep, rumbled, and bubbled out.

“I forgot to add it to the batter. Ended up looking kind of funny, dipping in the middle.  Didn't taste too good, either.” Timmy snickered.

Grandfather hooted, his face red. “Sad describes it better.” He wiped tears from his eyes with his handkerchief.

Timmy’s face brightened. “But you ate a piece anyway.”

“Yep. I considered it a potion from my favorite grandson.”

“I’m your only grandson, Grandfather.”

“True and our Lord is faithful. He takes the mess of our lives and uses it to His glory. Just like the cake you baked or half-baked.” Grandfather chuckled. “His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. A new day is a present. Waiting to be opened."

“Grandfather, May I borrow your rake?” He grabbed his baseball cap, stood at the door.

“Sure but where’re you going?” 

“To deliver a present. Today's a new day and Mrs. Smith’s yard’s covered with leaves.” Grandfather shook his head, a grin covering his face.

Kingdom Thinking. I’m here because of the Lord’s mercies. He promises never to leave nor forsake me. He loves me with an everlasting love. His compassions are new every morning--a present from Him. He offers the same to you. Won’t you come?

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy these visits to your front porch Ms. Marjorie. I picture you in a wooden rocker with a wicker table beside you. On the table sits a tall glass of sweet tea, or maybe lemonade on hot days. In your lap is your Bible. As I walk up the front steps, I see you have set it upon your lap pages down. With head bowed, eyes closed, you are meditating upon His Word. Oh, the smile that picture brings. Thank you for sharing this inspiring post today ma'am. I felt like the little fella, and now want to go out and do something for my neighbor. Perhaps I'll get the tractor and get his garden all ready to plant today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:25 AM

    You’re so kind. A rocker sounds nice but I keep going enjoying my flower garden which always needs tending. Really enjoy the way you use everyday life to teach our Lord’s truth. Thank you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete