Thursday, June 28, 2018

BOOT CAMP

In Lamentations 3:22-25, we read: "Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for his mercies never end. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness! 24 I say, ‘The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in him.' 25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the person who seeks him.”


“Grandfather, I’ll never be good at track.” Timmy slumped in his chair.

Grandfather put down his newspaper. “Remember when we went to Beaufort, S. C.? You saw Paris Island?”

“Where the marines train?”

“Yes. When you see them graduate in their uniforms, they stand tall. What you don’t see is the training they go through to get them to this point. They’re yelled at and made to do exercisers to increase their endurance--whether they want to or not. They have to learn to follow orders.”

“Sounds really hard.”

“You’re right. Remember the time we hiked in the mountains?”

“I was so tired, I could hardly move. And the next morning? I didn’t know I had so many muscles.” Grandfather chuckled. “But you made me get up and go. By the end of the week, I kept up with the others.”

“Well, multiply that by a gazillion times. That’s how the recruits feel. That’s Boot Camp.”

Timmy tilted his head. “What are you telling me?”

“I know you can excel at track. It won’t be easy. You have to train.” Grandfather smiled. "On this earth, we’re in boot camp. We’re in training so one day, we'll be able to rule with the Lord Jesus. Most important? We have to learn to obey His orders.”

“Whether we feel like it or not?”

“Absolutely. The Lord is faithful and His mercies are new every morning. Because of His great love, I put my hope in Him, not in circumstances or things happening around me.”

“Grandfather? I want to put my hope in Him, too.” He hugged his grandson.

Kingdom Thinking. No matter what phase of boot camp I'm going through, I know the Lord is faithful and true. He is good and loves me with an everlasting love. He promises never to leave nor forsake me. He offers this assurance to you as you go through boot camp. Won’t you come to Him?


















No comments:

Post a Comment