Thursday, February 1, 2018

UNTANGLED

In Galatians 5:1, we read: “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.”

“Ouch. That hurts.”

“Sit still. I don’t know how one little girl can have so many snarls and tangles in her hair.” Aunt Janie gently pulled the brush through her hair, beginning at the ends and working her way up. “That better?”

Cing sniffed. It seemed like hours she sat’d sat on the dressing stool in front of the mirror. “Why does my hair get so tangled, Aunt Janie?”

“It's a part of life. Just goes to show you are alive. Even when you’re asleep.” Cing giggled.

“You know what I don’t understand, Aunt Janie? How do the tangles get there? All I did was sleep.”

“You dream and twist and turn--“

“Does my hair dream and twist, too?” Cing’s blue eyes searched her aunts face in the mirror.

“Let’s just say your naturally curly hair does what it wants. But it looks pretty now.” She put the brush down.

“In life, our human nature gets us in trouble. Maybe we don’t tell the truth or don’t do what we’re supposed to. Our life becomes tangled. The more we try to untangle it, the worst it gets.”

“But you untangled my hair. Thank you.” Aunt Janie smiled.

“You’re welcome. But you let me do it...”

“And it didn’t hurt too much.”

“Ah, tangles can hurt. But the secret is to allow someone who loves you to untangle them.”

“Like you, Aunt Janie.” She turned, hugged her aunt.

Kingdom Thinking. My life, filled with tangles, became worst as I tried to untangle them. Then the Lord Jesus came. He set me free. He loves me with an everlasting love and promises never to leave or forsake me. He offers the same to you. Won’t you come?





No comments:

Post a Comment