Thursday, January 25, 2018

THE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE

In Matthew 13: 45-46, we read: “Again the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.”

“The story about a pearl? I don’t get it, Grandfather.”

“A man had searched for the Pearl of Great Price for years. If he could find the pearl, he would be happy. One day he walked into a shop and there it was. So perfect, so beautiful, it took his breath.

"The merchant approached him, said. 'You’ve found the Pearl of Great Price. It’s for sale.'

“‘This can’t be, there has to be a catch,' the man thought, but asked. ‘How much?'

“‘How much do you have?’ The merchant got a pad and pencil. ‘What do you own?'

“‘I have a house.' The merchant made a list.

“‘One house.' He looked up. ‘What else?'

“‘Two cars.'

“'Noted. A wife? Children?' The man held up one finger, then three.

“'One wife. Three children.' He added them to the list. ‘Bank accounts, Savings, IRA’s?' All assets, including the family pets, were added to the list.”

“Still don’t understand.” Grandfather held up his hand.

“‘Here’s the deal,' the merchant said. 'The pearl is yours, but everything you owned is mine. You’re my steward, responsible for my property. Understand?' The man nodded. 'Handle my possessions with great care. You answer to me.' The merchant smiled. ‘And enjoy’”

“Wow. Everything?” Grandfather smiled.

Kingdom Thinking. When I came to the Lord Jesus, I thought I had to give up everything. But the Lord Jesus gave me everything. He promises never to leave nor forsake me. He loves me with an everlasting love. He offers the same to you. A pearl of great price. Won’t you come to Him?





No comments:

Post a Comment