Thursday, May 25, 2017

THE HEIR



In Galatians 4:l-2, we read: “Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.”


“But, I’ll be careful with your coin collection.” He glanced at his grandfather. "You said it will be mine someday.”

“You’re right, Timmy. It will be yours but not today.”

A dipped head, a frown. “I don’t see why not.” Timmy stomped outside to the back porch.

“Hmm.” Grandfather put the coin box away, selected another box similar in size and shape, substituted it for the original. He closed the cabinet door, went into the kitchen.

“Want to go with me, Timmy?” He called. "I have grapes to deliver.”

“No Sir. I’ll wait for you here.” Timmy watched Grandfather go next door, then slipped into the study. I want hurt the coins. I’ll be careful and Grandfather will never know. He lifted the box from the cabinet, carried it up to his room, closed the door.

“Wow. He picked up one coin at the time, admiring it, lining it up on his bed. He turned the last coin over to check the flip side. It slipped from his fingers, rolled across the floor. “Whew, that was close.” He picked it up.

“Timmy?” Grandfather stood at the door. Timmy gasped, dropped the coin. It fell against the wall, slipped behind the baseboard.

“I’m sorry, Grandfather.” Tears pooled in his eyes. “Please forgive me.”

“Of course I forgive you. I love you, son. These coins, an early birthday gift today, will have to wait.”

Timmy nodded. "But you still love me?” Timmy hugged Grandfather, looked up at him. “I can wait.”

Kingdom Thinking. The Lord Jesus promises never to leave nor forsake me. He knows I need guidance and when I'm ready to accept responsibility. He loves me with an everlasting love. He loves you, too. Won’t you come to Him?









No comments:

Post a Comment