Thursday, October 29, 2015

WIMPY HEART



In Psalm 27:13-14, we read: “I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord.”


The sun shone on the brilliant foliage of the North Carolina Mountains, spotlighting the vivid reds, golds--the spectrum of fall foliage. The breezes gently brushed them to and fro, dancing their jig of fall.

In my heart, instead of a joyous jig, my inner voice reminded me that this trip would be a waste of time and money. You know, the negative announcer that delights in reminding me of my shortcomings. So...I made a choice.  I kept on driving, tuned in to the Lord’s Promises and decided to go for it. The Novel Writing Conference--Autumn in the Mountains.

The conference provided me much needed information. But I learned that life is much more than information. The conference gave me a chance to meet fellow writers, share the common bond of struggles, a bit of anxiety at the appointment for the manuscript review, and rejoicing with those who won an award. New members of my family include the attendees and the instructors.

In my world, I find it easy to lose heart. The news tells all the wrongs of today, problems abound, the lists go on...and on. But I have been given a promise from the One who cannot lie. He tells me to wait on Him, to be of good courage, and He shall strengthen my heart.

Kingdom thinking. I choose to believe Him, The Lord God Almighty. The King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. He has promised never to leave nor forsake me. He loves me with an everlasting love. He has strengthened my heart. And to you, He offers the same.  He loves you and waits for you. Won’t you come to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment