Thursday, October 22, 2015

HIS WITNESS


In Isaiah 43:12-13, we read: “I have declared  and saved, I have proclaimed, and there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses,” Says the Lord, “that I am God. Indeed before the day was, I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?”


She visited him in the hospital. His frail body, now ravaged by disease, was a shell of the man he had once been. But when he looked at her? His eyes softened, then clouded showing  bewilderment and fear.

I never thought I would be like this,” he said.

“I stopped by to see if you needed anything,” she said. “Maybe you’d like me to have prayer with you?”

He swallowed, turned and reached for the Bible on the bedside table. “I’ve been reading this. It doesn’t help me a bit. I’ll never measure up. There's no hope for me.” He closed his eyes. A tear trickled down his wrinkled cheek.

“I believe you read only the hard part of the Book. Did you read about the precious gift that Our Lord has given us? The gift of forgiveness and love?”

He shook his head.  "Didn’t see that.”

I read from Isaiah 43. “Did you know that He came to take our place?" He looked at me, hope in his eyes. "He knew we couldn’t live the kind of life that the Lord God requires. So He had pity on us...on me...so that I could be a part of His family. He says there is no one who can take me out of His hand. That’s your promise, too.”

"But you don’t know what I’ve done. He couldn’t love me.”

“He promised in John 3:16, ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’ I believe that includes you."

“I believe it does. Now I’m ready for that prayer.”

Kingdom Thinking. Salvation is a free gift to us, paid in full by the Lord Jesus Christ. We declare His praise for the wonder of His Love. Won’t you accept His gift today? He waits for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment