Thursday, March 7, 2019

THE LESSON OF THE BLUEBIRDS

“Unless the Lord had been my help, My soul would soon have settled in silence. If I say, 'My foot slips,' Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.” Psalm 94:17-19. (NKJV).

“Grandfather, come quick.” Timmy hurried into the kitchen, the screen door slammed behind him.

“What’s got you so riled, son?”

“Weird noises coming from the bluebird box. Could a snake be attacking them?” From the back porch, they saw a baby bluebird stick his head out of the nesting box. 

“Oh my, looks like he’s ready to leave the nest.” 

Bloop. He spilled out onto the lawn. Another head popped out. 

Bloop. He sat there for a moment. 

Bloop. One more fluttered near his brothers. Stunned, they eyed one another, then flutter-hopped in different directions. 

The frantic parents circled as they fussed and twittered--bluebird talk for you’re not ready to leave the nest. The parents flew from the fence to the limb of a nearby Dogwood tree, keeping an eye on their babies.

“Are they going to be okay?” Timmy started down the steps. Grandfather touched his shoulder.
?
“Their parents are watching over them. They’re hiding in the shrubs. Should be safe.”

“I hope so. They’re cute, aren’t they?”

“We’re like those baby birds, Timmy. We jump out of the nest, want to do things on our own but we need help even if we don’t realize it. Our foot slips and the Lord’s mercy holds us up.”

“He’s good to us, huh?”

“Absolutely. We get anxious and fearful but He comforts us. He knows us inside out. We deceive others, even ourselves, but not Him. Still He loves us and promises to be with us forever.”

Kingdom Thinking. This same Creator God, the One who spoke and brought it all together loves me and promises never to leave nor forsake me. I praise Him for during these trying times be they illness or unrest, He comforts and delights my soul. He offers the same to you. Won’t you come

No comments:

Post a Comment