Thursday, January 24, 2019

A DAILY CORE EXERCISE

In Matthew 11:28-30, we read: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”


“How was practice?”

Timmy dropped his catcher’s mitt on the table. “Coach said we need to toughen up. Now we have to do exercises every day.”

“Sounds like a wise thing.”

Timmy plopped down at the table. “Maybe to you but every muscle in me is yelling to stop.” Grandfather chuckled.

“Consistent exercise will get you in shape. The soreness will go away as you strengthen your core muscles which will prevent injury. Keep at it son. Don’t give up.”

As Timmy stood up, Grandfather said. “Don’t forget to strengthen your spiritual muscles.” He sat  down. “You have core spiritual muscles. The Lord Jesus knows we need to exercise them but we don’t unless we get sore and tired from life problems.

“When we turn to Him, we exercise our faith in Him. He wants us to learn about Him and how light our burden can be. But there’s a catch.”

“I knew it. There’s always a catch.” Grandfather smiled.

“Remember how Mr. Howard gentled his horse?”

“Yes sir. He talked soft, was patient and kind. I remember he put the saddle on real easy."

“That’s how our Lord is with us. When we come to Him, He’s gentle and forgiving. We must allow Him to put His yoke on us. He teaches us through His gentle and kind heart how to live and walk and love with His perfect posture. By the way His yoke fits so we don’t have blisters or sores.”

“Made to order, huh?” Grandfather nodded.

Kingdom Thinking. My core spiritual muscles need constant exercise. The Lord Jesus promises never to leave me and He loves me. He asks me to come to Him and learn His ways for His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He promises the same to you. Won’t you come?

No comments:

Post a Comment