Thursday, August 23, 2018

SOLD OUT

In Exodus 21:2-6, we read: “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years; and in the seventh year he shall go out free and pay nothing...But if the servant plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ then his master shall bring him to the judges. He shall also bring him to the door, or to the doorpost, and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him forever.”

“Grandfather, do you have an earache?”

“No. Just touching my right earlobe. Want to check the hole.” Timmy frowned.

“I don’t see a hole.” He leaned closer. “Nope. Nothing there.” Grandfather chuckled.

“It’s important to know about the bondservant, son. The Lord Jesus sets us free. Free to choose Him.”

“Isn’t it just a story? Why would anyone want to be a servant?” Grandfather leaned back in his chair.

“You don’t want to be just anyone’s servant. You want to choose someone who loves you and will provide for you. That’s what the Lord Jesus did for me, for you.”

“How?”

“I wanted to be honorable. To love my neighbor. The more I tried, the more I failed. I was one miserable somebody.” Timmy smiled.

“But you’re good, Grandfather. Why’d you think you were bad?”

“Why do you say I’m good?”

“You treat folks nice and you're kind...”

“All because Jesus loves me. He paid for my sins, set me free. Like the servant, I love my Master, told Him I wanted to be His. ‘You’re sure?' He asked. Then He brought me to the door because He is the Door. He pierced my ear with an awl, a permanent hole so I serve Him forever. Now I come and go where He sends me.”

“Why the ear?”

“Listening obedience--I hear and obey His voice.”

“I asked the Lord into my life.” Timmy touched his ear. "Do I have a hole?” Grandfather smiled.

Kingdom Thinking. When I understood the Lord Jesus loves me with an everlasting love and promises never to leave nor forsake me, I sold out to Him. His forever. He offers the same to you. Won’t you choose Him?
















No comments:

Post a Comment