Thursday, October 5, 2017

THE POWER SOURCE


In 1 Corinthians 1: 22-24, we read: “For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.


“Grandfather. Something’s wrong with my bedside light.”

“Have you changed the light bulb?”

Timmy nodded. ”And the plug’s in the outlet but the bulb won’t light up.”

“Hmm. Let’s check the electrical box. Get the flash light and let’s take a look.”

“Here’s the problem,” Grandfather pointed to the switch, bottom left. “It’s off.”

He toggled it to the on position. “Now, see if you have light.”

“It’s working,” Timmy called from his room. “Thanks, Grandfather.”

Later that morning, Grandfather said, “Timmy, why do you think your lamp didn’t work this morning? Do you not try hard enough? Or you thought if you waited for a long time, the light would come on?”

“No, Grandfather. The switch was off. No electricity could flow to the outlet. Did you turn it off.”

 “I didn’t.” He chuckled. “Maybe there was a power surge. But when we flipped the switch to on, problem solved. Electricity, or power, could flow freely to the lamp.

“Timmy. I thought the message of Love the Lord sent me was too simple. It didn’t make sense and sounded foolish. But, when I realized the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings, the all powerful One, chose me, I was overwhelmed with His love. I chose to be His. To let His power flow through me.”

“Grandfather,” Timmy touched the tears on Grandfather’s cheeks. “You love Him. I want to choose Him, too.

Kingdom Thinking. The Lord Jesus calls me to be His. He empowers me to do His work and to share His Love. He promises never to leave nor forsake me and to love me with an everlasting love. He offers the same to you. Won’t you come?


No comments:

Post a Comment