Tuesday, July 4, 2017

A GREAT FOURTH OF JULY


        We arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica, in January. Language school--studying a new language, new culture, new friends--could be overwhelming. Sometimes it would be nice to hear English spoken as first language.

        Then on July 4, we were invited to the United States Embassy in San Jose. As I stood there, a little jolt zipped through me--the joy similar to that of Frances Scott Keys when he saw the flag was still there? Old Glory flew proudly in the July breeze.

        Standing on a little piece of the United States felt--well, almost like home. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and all the trimmings were served. A glorious day to remember.

        When I accepted the invitation to be a part of the family of God, I felt a teensy bit of what Eternity will be like--with loved ones and friends. But all that fades in comparison to the Glory of the Lord Jesus and His Love for me. A most glorious day to look forward to. Because He lives and loves me, I, too, share the invitation with you! Celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment