Thursday, April 27, 2017

WHAT? NO CONDEMNATION?


In Romans 8:1-2, we read: “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death.


“Thanks for helping me cut the sugarcane, Timmy. We’ll sample it when we get back from the grocery store. Wait for me in the kitchen while I get my wallet and keys.”

“Yes, Grandfather.” Timmy listened to Grandfather’s steps on the stairs fade as he went to his room. The sugarcane glistened in the sunlight on the kitchen table. His mouth watered, thinking of the juicy sweetness. No one’ll know if I cut a tiny piece.


“How hard can this be?” He held the cane in a vertical position. His tongue poked out the side of his mouth as he sliced the sheath with the kitchen knife. “Piece of cake.” He rotated the cane to slice the next section, lost his grip. The knife sliced the tip of his thumb.

Realization and pain collided. Blood spurted.

“Grandfather. Help me. I’m so sorry,” he yelled. Tears streaked his face. “My thumb. My thumb. Stick it back on.”

 Grandfather wrapped the thumb. “Hold this tight.” He grabbed his car keys. "I’ll get you to the Emergency Room.”
“That should do it,” Doctor Black said, as he snipped the tape, covered the bandage. “Keep your hand elevated to help with the throbbing. Here's a prescription for pain.” He handed it to Grandfather.

Back at home, Timmy asked. “Are you mad with me, Grandfather? I disobeyed you. Will you punish me?” His voice choked on his tears. "Do you still love me?”

“Nothing can stop my love for you, Timmy. I’m sorry you didn’t obey but I don’t need to punish you. You’ve punished yourself.” He was quiet a minute. “God’s love is like this.” Timmy looked at him. “When we give our life to Jesus, all of our sins are nailed to the cross. From that time on, He is in the process of cleaning us up. You cut your finger but you couldn’t fix it, right?” Timmy nodded. “Dr. Black did.”

“I’m never going to disobey again, Grandfather. And you know what?” Chuckling, Grandfather shook his head. “I’m going to love you forever!”

Kingdom Thinking. The Lord Jesus promises never to leave nor forsake us. He loves us with an everlasting love...a love with no condemnation. Would you like that kind of love? He offers it to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment