Thursday, March 30, 2017

FORGIVE HIM? AGAIN?


In Matthew 18:21-22, we read: “Then Peter came to Him and said, ‘Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.’”

“I’m not playing with Sam again, Grandfather.” Timmy stomped into the kitchen, dropped his catcher’s mitt on the chair.

Grandfather turned from the sink. “Want to tell me about it?”

“First, he said I was a lousy catcher. Second, he said...”

“Sam's always wrong?” Timmy’s chin tipped up. He nodded.

“Hard to be in the wrong all the time.”

“Grandfather, he took my bike without asking.” Grandfather nodded. “And Mrs Simpson blamed me for riding through her flowers when he did it with my bike. And...”

“I know. Now. Decide. Fume, fuss, or take action.”

“Action,” Timmy pumped his fist in the air.

Eyebrows raised, Timmy watched Grandfather turn, place the plunger over the drain in the kitchen sink. “Have to push really hard to get a vacuum.” He released the plunger.

“Yuck,” Timmy stepped back. “That stuff’s awful.”

Grandfather chuckled. “Looks like some kind of monster, doesn’t it? A time or two more will open the drain.” At last, with the spigot wide open, water swirled down the drain.

“We’re like this drain, Timmy. We ask forgiveness so the Lord Jesus can wash us clean. That keeps us from holding on to things that can clog our line...our prayer line to the Lord. If we don’t forgive, we end up like this clogged sink--pretty yucky.”

“Grandfather, will you make an extra peanut butter sandwich for Sam? I’ll be right back.” Grandfather nodded, smiled.

Kingdom Thinking.  I’ve learned that stuff in my life can hinder my relationship with the Lord Jesus. He promises never to leave nor forsake me. He loves me with an everlasting love. He does the cleaning when I can’t. Won’t you come to Him? He loves you.






















No comments:

Post a Comment