Thursday, May 21, 2015

THE GIFT OF CONFIDENCE

In Philippians 1:3-6, we read: “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;”

The job had been shelved many times--too many times. Now as she looked at the shrubs to be trimmed they seemed to have their feet planted in Miracle Grow. Honeysuckle, sumac and weeds did their best to encase the plants to further complicate the task.

With the garden tools, hedge clippers, manual and electric, she began the task. She stood back to inspect the job. Much better, she thought.

Now to grab that vine, then proceed with the clean-up. With a tug she pulled it free.

“Ahh” turned to “Oh, no,” as the fire radiated in the area above her thumb. Attacked by an angry bald-faced hornet for invasion of territory.

As I read God’s Word, I rejoice that He knows all about my journey. The ups. The downs. The joy. The sorrows. The pain. The laughter. Most important to me? The fellowship for He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. I can remain confident in that very thing.

Kingdom Thinking. This life journey has many twists and turns. But the Lord Jesus has promised that He will never leave me nor forsake me. He loves me with an everlasting love. He has begun the work and He will complete it as He lives in and through me. He will do the same for you. Won’t you trust Him?








No comments:

Post a Comment