Thursday, June 27, 2024

WHAT SHALL I DO?

 “Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, 'Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?' So Jesus said to him, 'You know the commandments.' And he said, 'All these things I have kept from my youth.’” Luke 18: 18, 20a, 21. (NKJV).


“Is this an exciting story? Like David and his mighty men?” Timmy saw Grandfather's eyebrow arch. “Okay, I’ll listen.” He sat, chin propped on his hand.

“A young man came to Jesus and asked how to inherit eternal life. The Lord Jesus looked at him, said, 'You know the commandments.'

“'I’ve kept all those since I was young,' he said.

“'Sell everything you have, give it to the poor, and follow me.’ And you know what?” Timmy shook his head. “He left. He couldn’t do it.”

“Sounds like he was selfish.”

“No more than you or me.”

“If I had a lot of money, I’d give it to the Lord.”

“How much money do you have, son?”

“Not much. Um, I spent it on a new baseball bat.”

“No problem. Give away your new bat."

“Oh, no, Grandfather, it’s my favorite--” Timmy stared at Grandfather. “Money was the young man’s favorite?” Grandfather smiled.

“It’s wrong to be rich or have toys?”

“No, but we must be careful our love for things isn't more powerful than our love for the Lord. He gives us all things--to enjoy, and to share with others.”

“Do you think the young man ever came back to Jesus?”

“The Lord did give him a lot to think about.”

“He loved him, didn't He?”

“He did.”

“You know what? I hope the young man had someone like you. If he did, I believe he came back to the Lord Jesus.”

“The Lord does put certain folks in our lives to love and direct us.”

“I'm glad you're in my life. I know I can ask 'What shall I do,' and you'll help me.” He hugged his grandfather and got a big hug in return.

Kingdom Thinking. The Lord Jesus knows my heart and loves me anyway. He knows the things I value and put before Him and He's in the process of showing me what’s important in the Kingdom. He wants to do the same for you. He loves you and will never leave you. Won’t you come to Him?

1 comment:

  1. Another great lesson here Ms. Marjorie. Thank you, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete