Thursday, May 23, 2024

MAY YOUR JOY BE FULL!

“That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.” 1 John 1: 3,4. (NKJV).


“Timmy, hold on to your boarding pass. Go to gate 7, wait for me.”

“Grandfather, look at all the people. How if I get lost?”

Grandfather turned him in the direction of the gate. Gate 7. “See it? Go. I'll meet you there.”

“Yessir.” Timmy started towards the gate. A toy store. Plenty time to check it out. Model airplanes caught his attention, then in the back, he noticed stuffed animals. “I’ll buy a gift for my cousin.”

The PA system blared. “Timothy Scott. Please come to Gate 7. Your party is waiting for you.” His head snapped up. The model airplanes and stuffed animals forgotten, he hurried to the gate.

“Where have you been?” Grandfather's hands fisted on his hips. “You scared me. I thought...it doesn’t matter what I thought.” He sighed, smiled. “You’re safe. Got your boarding pass?”

He searched his backpack, his face turning white. “Must’ve dropped it in the store.” Grandfather grabbed his hand to retrace his steps. “Wait. Here. In this zipper pocket.” He took a deep breath.

After boarding, Timmy said. “I’m sorry, Grandfather. I thought I had plenty of time.”

“Son, there’ll be times in life when you wander into places along the way. I want you to remember that no matter where life leads you, you’ll always belong to the Lord Jesus.

“But what I did was bad.”

“Did doing good things save you?” Timmy shook his head. “Well, if your goodness didn’t save you, then your badness can’t lose you. The Lord Jesus bought you and paid for your boarding pass with His shed blood on the cross. He knew you would stumble, but He’s waiting.”

“Like you waited for me, Grandfather?” 

He hugged his grandson, his joy full.

“Absolutely, son. Absolutely.”

Kingdom Thinking. No matter how far I stray or stumble, The Lord Jesus knows where I am. He promises never to forsake me and He loves me with an everlasting love so my joy may be full. He offers the same to you. Won’t you come?

1 comment:

  1. So very powerful! Wonderful truth ma'am. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete