Thursday, March 21, 2024

HONOR IN THE KINGDOM!

“Then the king said, ‘Is there not still someone of the house of Saul, to whom I may show the kindness of God?’ And Ziba said to the king, ’There is still a son of Jonathan who is lame in his feet.’ So the king said to him, ‘Where is he?’ And Ziba said to the king, ‘Indeed he is in the house of Machir the son of Ammiel, in Lo Debar.’ Then King David sent and brought him out of the house of Machir the son of Ammiel, from Lo Debar.” 2 Samuel 9:3,4. (NKJV).


“Once a covenant is made, it can't be broken?" 

 "A promise made is a promise kept." Grandfather smiled. "Back to our story.

“King Saul and Jonathan were killed in battle. Afraid King David would kill Saul’s family, everyone fled. The nurse grabbed little Prince Mephibosheth. As she ran, she dropped him, crippling him in both feet. They fled to the back side of the desert, hiding in Lo Debar.”

“But wasn’t King David the good guy?”

Grandfather lifted his hand. “Imagine you're on the back side of the desert, hiding from the new king. You see a speck of dust grow into a battalion of soldiers, who command, ‘The King demands Mephibosheth come with us.’ This was it. No hope. When Mephibosheth came before David, he fell on his face, thinking, ‘I’m a dead man.’”

“King David said, ‘Don’t be afraid, I want to show you kindness for Jonathan, your father’s sake. I restore all the land of your grandfather Saul.’

“Mephibosheth couldn’t believe it. ‘Why? I’m nothing but a dead dog.’

“David announced, ‘Mephibosheth will eat at my table continually like one of my sons.’”

“Wait, Grandfather, why did David do this?”

“When David looked at Mephibosheth, he remembered his covenant with Jonathan. Everything Jonathan owned now belonged to Mephibosheth and his sons. 

“His choice? He could believe David and live in the palace as a prince, or go back to Lo Debar which literally means a ‘place of nothing.’ 

“Which would you choose?” 

“Duh. I'd rather live like a prince.” Timmy tilted his head. “What are you telling me?”

“Glad you asked, son. The Lord Jesus offers us a new life if we believe in Him. He restores us with His love and power. When God, the Father looks at me, He sees the Lord Jesus who died and rose again in my place.”

“So He gives me a place of honor when I don't deserve it?”

“Absolutely.”

He grabbed Grandfather's arm. “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”

“You're welcome. My honor.”

Kingdom Thinking. The Lord Jesus declares me a child of the King. He promises never to leave me and loves me with an everlasting love. But I have to choose Him. He offers the same to you. A place of honor in the kingdom. Won’t you come to Him?

1 comment:

  1. Always a blessing when I read your posts ma'am. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete